BPA Fifth Semester Syllabus | Course of Content
BPA 501 Organizational Behaviour
Objective: The objective of this course is to provide foundational knowledge and conceptual understanding of OB theories and to provide skills to put those ideas and theories into practice. Key techniques and processes designed to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness are examined form the perspective of management, employees and society at large.
- Organization Behaviour : Scope and Process; Organization and the Individual, Concept of OB, OB and Behavioral Sciences, Historical development of OB, Concept and Importance of Process, Process levels
- Basic Human processes: Concept of Learning, Learning Theories, Social Perception and social identity, Basic nature of personality, Understanding emotions and Stress
- The Individual in the Organization: Concept and Significance of job satisfaction, Basic concept of Motivation
- Group Dynamics: Concept of Group, Types of Group, Group dynamics, Teams and Effective Team, Basic nature of Communication, Barriers of communication, The nature and functions of leadership
- The Organizational Processes: The Basic nature of Organization Culture, The concept of Organization Change, Meaning and Significance of Organization Development
- HR Motivation: Concept, importance and process of motivation. Motivation theories.
BPA 502 Administrative Law
Objective: The course intends to focus on the legal problems associated with regulation by administrative agencies. The course includes discussion of the legislative authority requisite to agency action.
- Introduction: Concept and sources of administrative Law, Principles of administrative law, Constitutional aspects of administrative law : Separation of Powers and The Rule of Law
- Institutions and Functions of Government: Executive, Legislative and Judicial.Differences between Administrative, Legislative and Judicial Functions.
- Law Making: Concept of Legislation and Delegated Legislation, Delegated legislation and its control
- Grievance Handling: Concept of Ombudsman And Maladministration, Role and Functions of National Vigilance Centre (NVC) and Commission for Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA) in Nepal, Administrative Tribunals
- Judicial Review and Writs: Concept of judicial review, Importance of judicial review, Types and functions of writs : Certiorari, Mandamus, Quo-Warranto, Prohibition, Habeas corpus.
BPA 503 Office Management
Objective: The objective of this course aims to provide concepts and practices of Office Management to the students. After the completion of course the students will have understanding on organizations and the office layout management, procedures and methods of the office system, personnel system, record management and the application of scientific methods and IT in organization.
- Introduction:Concept and importance of Office Management, Organization and employees, Organizational charts, Functions of office manager, Office accommodation, Office furniture and lay-out, Physical conditions
- Public relations: Concept andimportance, tools of public relations, (Press release, press conference, interaction and discussion), Role &duties of spokespersons, Right to information with reference RTI Act.
- Office System: Office procedures, O & M, Work charts, Minutes, Work measure, production and control, Office machines, Application of IT
- Record Management: Records administration, Indexing, Filling system and its equipment, Hard copy and soft records
- General Services: Communication system, Online operation, Outward mail and postal services, Correspondence, Office stationery, Prevention of fraud, Report writing
BPA 504 Fundamentals of Computer
Objective: To provide students with basic overview of the concepts of computers and get them used to analyze and interpret general problems through computer application. Students learn to use basic CLI in Linux, word processing, spreadsheet,& presentation and write simple programs and scripts. Students will be able to solve general problems with the application of computer after taking this course.
- Introduction to Computer: Introduction and History of computing – Need for calculating device, Encryption, Modeling, simulation, research; brief history, types; Building Blocks, hardware and software components; Data Representation and logic – Analog, Digital; Binary, Decimal, Conversion, Binary operations; Bits, Bytes, Character data representation – ASCII, Unicode, Graphic data representation – Raster, Vector, pixel;Logic gates
- Operating System and User Interface: Introduction to operating system, Function, Distributed OS, Cloud Computing, Network OS, Virtual machines; Operating systems and Linux – Unix, Linux, Windows, OS/2; Ubuntu, Mac OS, DOS, Android; Concepts of File systems FAT, NTFS, EXT etc; Filenames and Extensions; File Attributes – System, Hidden, Read Only, Archive; User Interface – GUI, CLI
- Software applications: Office packages: Word processor, Spreadsheet, Presentation; Data analysis: Very brief introduction to SPSS, R, Python; Database – Very brief introduction to flat File system, RDBMS, NOSQL; Graphics – Very brief introduction to gimp, Photoshop, MS picture manager, MS Paint; Other packaged applications
- Introduction to Network, Internet and advanced topics: Computer network – Introduction, use, Type, LAN, WAN, Internet, Intranet; Malicious software and control, Firewall, Antivirus, Encryption, Decryption, Digital Signature; Cyber laws: Computer Crime, information privacy and security; Concepts of social network, graph representation, advantages, threats, SNA, Blogging; Internet, Search Engines, database, metadata etc; Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Applications in Public Administration, research etc.; Automation technologies: Mechanical, electronic, digitization
- Lab practice & Project work
BPA 505 Revenue Governance
Objective: The objective of this course is to give students an overall view of the Revenue Administration.
- Introduction: Concept, source and pattern of government revenue.
- Tax and its principles: Meaning and objective of Taxation, Classification of Taxation, Principles of taxation: Cannons of taxation, Equity principles of taxation; Benefit Received and ability to pay
- Taxation Policies and major structure of Taxation in Nepal: Taxation Policies; Provision of Nepalese Tax Policy: Customs, Value added tax, Income tax, capital gain tax, house rent tax and land tax,
- Tax assessment and collection: Methods of income tax assessment.Tax collection: Tax deduction at source, Tax installments; Tax Recovery
- Tax Administration and law: Institutional arrangement for tax administration and their roles in Nepal, Right and duties of tax payer.Penalty against tax defaulters; Remedy against tax assessment
– O –
Read the Disclaimer Carefully before using the contents of this website.